couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <>
Subject Re: An asynchronous write bug in CouchDB 0.9?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:20:14 GMT
It looks like the db server instance is being restarted before it
commits the header, but it's odd you aren't seeing any errors on the
console. If it's a crash it should dump an error to the console.

One thing that occurs to me, do you have a lot of active databases (>
100) ? I think it's possible when you hit the max dbs open, CouchDB
will shutdown an idle instance with pending deferred commit, which is
a bug.

On Apr 27, 2009, at 12:52 AM, Steven Hazel wrote:

> Hi,
> Last week we discovered that records in one of our CouchDB databases
> were
> occasionally being reverted to the previous revision. We believe
> this is due
> to a bug in CouchDB 0.9 related to asynchronous writes.  Turning off
> asynchronous writes with the X-Couch-Full-Commit header fixes the
> problem
> for us.  I've written up the problem in more detail here:
> We haven't yet reproduced this problem outside our production
> environment,
> but can trigger it there on-demand.  Although we have a work-around
> that
> solves the immediate problem for us, we're happy to help out in
> tracking
> down the underlying issue.  Any advice on how to proceed would be
> appreciated.
> --
> Steven Hazel
> Sauce Labs