couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to ensure transactions over multiple documents?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:54:52 GMT

On 04/04/2009, at 9:48 PM, Andrius Juozapaitis wrote:

> Antony: I was assuming (given a replication scenario) that I'll be
> using one node as a  master, and spring would only access this node
> for updates, while the others would be used for reading only.

Certainly for very specific architectures there are workable solutions
- yours being one of them. My goal is to encourage the most general
solution possible, as in my transactional git branch.

If you eliminate relplication then you can completely wrap CouchDB's
API and apply both significantly extended and quite different
semantics (of course). In fact, this is how I think the app-server
like features of CouchDB should be done, rather than the current
model. The problem is that CouchDB doesn't expose enough to do that
wrapping once replication is involved.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.