couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luke Tucker <ltuc...@openplans.org>
Subject Re: Suggestions on View performance optimization/improvement
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:51:45 GMT

On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> And then last but not least is adding
> concurrency to passing documents through the JS process. The last bit
> is probably easiest, but most reports say that couchjs is sitting
> around 30% cpu indicating its not really the bottleneck quite yet.
>
> HTH,
> Paul Davis

Does couchdb supply the couchjs process with work to do while it is
performing i/o with previous results? If not, I could also see this
cpu utilization partially resulting from cpu and i/o being used too
serially vs. pipelined -- ie i/o may very well be the bottleneck, but
is there some room for improvement before we're actually hitting it?

Wishing I understood erlang better already :)

- Luke