couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Monitoring, logs and failure analysis documentation?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 02:53:10 GMT

On 18 Apr 2009, at 21:42, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Is there any guides to collecting information when CouchDB is
> misbehaving?  I've noticed that CouchDB 0.9.0 crashes (or at least
> becomes unresponsive) when I do things like create a database with
> the same name as one recently deleted or making queries immediately
> after introducing a new design document. Since I'm in a development
> phase and restarting CouchDB addresses the issue, I haven't spent
> any effort trying to track those things down, but also hardly know
> where to start.

The best thing you can do when you run into reproducible error cases
is creating a JavaScript file that we can run as part of the Futon
test suite. See share/couchdb/www/script/test/ for examples to copy
from. When you send the test cases, please include CouchDB &
dependency versions and operating system information.

Cheers
Jan