couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Steven Hazel <...@saucelabs.com>
Subject An asynchronous write bug in CouchDB 0.9?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 04:52:48 GMT
Hi,

Last week we discovered that records in one of our CouchDB databases were
occasionally being reverted to the previous revision. We believe this is due
to a bug in CouchDB 0.9 related to asynchronous writes.  Turning off
asynchronous writes with the X-Couch-Full-Commit header fixes the problem
for us.  I've written up the problem in more detail here:
http://saucelabs.com/couch-bug.html

We haven't yet reproduced this problem outside our production environment,
but can trigger it there on-demand.  Although we have a work-around that
solves the immediate problem for us, we're happy to help out in tracking
down the underlying issue.  Any advice on how to proceed would be
appreciated.

--
Steven Hazel
Sauce Labs