couchdb-user mailing list archives

From deepj <deepjungle.m...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB hangs up and uses 100 % CPU under nginx reverse proxy
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:23:18 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use CouchDB under nginx reverse proxy and its behavior is
very strange. When I ran the test suite it started to use 100 % for any
time. If I don't use nginx reverse proxy and I run the test suite
CouchDB doesn't use 100 %. Everything seems to be OK. :(

Only one test fails:
uuids -> Assertion failed: currentTime - dateHeader < 3000
(Don't you know where the issue is? This test is test success on local)

Ubuntu 9.04 (32-bit)
Erlang 5.6.5
Nginx 0.6.36

CouchDB configuration is default.

I think the issue is not in nginx but here is my nginx configuration:
Domain configuration is the following:

server {
    listen      80;
    server_name couchdb.example.eu;

    location / {
      proxy_pass        http://localhost:5984;
      proxy_redirect    off;
      proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
      proxy_set_header  Host  $host;
      proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    }
}

Main nginx configuration  is the following:
worker_processes 2;

pid /usr/local/var/run/nginx.pid;

events {
     worker_connections  2048;
}

http {
     passenger_root /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/passenger-2.2.1;
     passenger_ruby /usr/local/bin/ruby;

     include       mime.types;
     default_type  application/octet-stream;

     log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] $request '
                       '"$status" $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                       '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

     access_log  /usr/local/var/log/nginx/access.log  main;

     sendfile       on;

     tcp_nopush     on;
     tcp_nodelay    on;

     #keepalive_timeout  0;