couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Deja <madocd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Only getting "eacces" after port install on Mac OS X
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 00:54:20 GMT
Paul,

my couchdb directory looks exactly like yours:

drwxr-xr-x  5 couchdb  couchdb    170 26 Apr 02:41 couchdb

I also checked the other ini files, as You wrote. On a quick glance,
they seemed correct. (No "/var", only "/opt" at least.) And since
couchdb works for the root user (see other mail), I did not
investigate further. However, I noticed that the ini files in /opt/
local/etc/couchdb and the folder itself belonged to root, so I changed
the owner to couchdb:couchdb.

That did not work, too. At least, I can run couchdb as root now and do
some testing and development. But on the long run, I need to run it
with its own user of course.

Thanks once more and good night (at least in my timezone),
Madoc.