couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wojciech Kaczmarek <kaczmare...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The sum function (used in reduce)
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:05:43 GMT
Hi!
Probably posting here for the first time..

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 23:51, Nils Breunese <n.breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
> Adam Wolff wrote:
>
>> It'd be great to make it so that _design docs can define helper
>> functions too, so that two views can share a helper.
>
> You can already define functions in a separate file and use macros to
> 'import' them when defining view functions.

It's funny as couple of days ago I wanted to ask the list for the following:
Is there a way that one view can use output of another view, or at
least that views can share some common functions in one design doc?

Now I see similar questions emerged. So my point is now: Is there a
way, existing or planned, to share some functions between views
without using couchapp macros?