couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: The need for a key prefix view parameter
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:56:34 GMT
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 02:23:17PM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
> (5) Strangely, doc id keys in _all_docs appear to behave differently;
> perhaps they are ASCII-compared rather than UCA compared. See script 3
> below.

And this has just had me tearing my hair out for the last half hour: a
search for

    _all_docs?startkey="_design/"&endkey="_design/ZZZZ"

did not match some of my documents, e.g. _design/c000. Now I realise that
almost certainly this is because Z comes before c in ASCII collation.

Is this intentional behaviour? If so I will change the Wiki so it recommends

    _all_docs?startkey="_design/"&endkey="_design/~"

instead.

Regards,

Brian.