couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Computer died while trying to load couchDB. Help!
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:14:10 GMT
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:22:37AM -0400, lloyd@paisite.com wrote:
> Be good to know what killed Firefox. But I'm not savvy enough to figure it out.

The previous person who had this stack trace had a Ubuntu machine and had
updated Firefox, but forgotten to restart it afterwards.

> ./configure complained about a few other missing files, which I loaded.
> It finally killed me with note that my version of Erlang is not
> up-to-date. Guess this means that I have to compile Erlang from source
> which makes me very uncomfortable.

You are running Ubuntu Hardy? You can just install the Erlang packages from
Intrepid and they work fine.

http://wiki.reia-lang.org/wiki/Installing_Erlang_on_Ubuntu

Regards,

Brian.