couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Goodenough <david.goodeno...@linkchoose.co.uk>
Subject Re: Error creating a database with Debian CouchDb (0.9.0)
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:20:16 GMT
On Sunday 19 April 2009, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2009, at 06:03, David Goodenough wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 April 2009, David Goodenough wrote:
> >> I am a newbie to CouchDb, and so I installed the Debian sid couchdb
> >> package and fired up my browser.  I pointed it at the _utils URL, and
> >> up came the admin panel.
> >>
> >> Then I clicked on Create Database, and it popped up a dialog asking
> >> for a new database name.  I filled in a name (experiment as it
> >> happens)
> >> and I got the wonderfully helpful error message "Missing".
> >>
> >> Any idea how to proceed?
> >>
> >> David
> >
> > In order to try to get to the bottom of this, I looked in the log
> > files.
> >
> > In there I find the following message immediately on starting
> > couchdb:-
> >
> > [error] [<0.49.0> OS Process died with status: 127
> > [error] [<0.49.0>] ** Generic server <0.49.0> terminating
> > ** last message was in {#Port<0,791>,{exit_status,127}}
> > ** when server state == {os_proc,"wireless",#Port<0,791>,
> > 						#Fun<couch_os_process.0.126981527>,
> > 						#Fun<couch_os_process.1.97144965,5000}
> > ** reason for termination ==
> > ** {exit status,127}
> >
> > There are then a whole series of other messages, and this wireless
> > message
> > seems to be repeated often.
> >
> > This is a brand new install, what is it trying to do and why has it
> > died?
> > And why it is referencing "wireless"?
>
> Which operating system is that on?
>
> CouchDB doesn't come wit anything "wireless", is that something on
> your end?
> Can you paste your .ini files and the complete logfile? The os_proc
> token almost
> always leads to a broken Spidermonkey installation or couchjs build as
> a result
> of the first thing.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

The ini file is as it was left by the Debian install is attached, along with
the first repartition of the log (there is about 2.5MB currently in the
whole log).

Prior to getting this, all I have done is a simple install of the package,
and all I get when I try to create my first database is a dialog error
containing the single word "Missing".

David