couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Wan <...@samuelwan.com>
Subject Re: a place to post script for sharing?
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:29:18 GMT
Thanks, Nick. I uploaded my experiment here:

http://gist.github.com/100358

This experiment is interesting to me as an attempt to bootstrap an
HTML / Javascript file list, editor, AND renderer into a single
CouchDB design file.

Instructions:
1) Put this in your _utils folder and access it over couchdb.
(Sub-directory reverse proxying not supported)
   E.g. http://localhost/_utils/editor2.html (you can name it anything)
2) Enter the name of an existing or non-existing database.
3) Press install to install the design document called "_design/ide".
Your browser will visit the installed app automatically.
4) Create, load, edit, view, or delete web documents with either
text/html or text/javascript content type.
5) View the page by loading it in the editor and clicking the "View" button.
6) If you change the editor2.html code, you can click on the
"Reinstall" button to reload the editor2.html code into your couchdb
design document.

I think this could be pushed farther, but I'm already side-tracked
enough from my intentions with CouchDB :-)

-Sam