couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Ronchetti <bruno.ronche...@mac.com>
Subject Re: using CouchDB for a finance manager?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:02:45 GMT
Hi Zhengji,

I am in fact working on something similar (think of it as a GnuCash on
Couch).

So far I have tested the following concepts:
- storing the "accounting entries" as an array alongside the original
source document
- storing the "chart of accounts" in the same database as the source
documents (with a special _id)
- building a view that combines "chart of accounts" and "accounting
entries" together in order to obtain the "general ledger".

So far so good.

I am an absolute beginner (both with couch and the web) and I haven't
done volume testing, but at the conceptual level CouchDB looks like a
very clean and powerful solution for this class of problems, IMHO.

Regards.