couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim McCoy <jim.mc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for digital signatures of documents
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:21:07 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Jim McCoy <jim.mccoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that I think about it a bit more, perhaps the digest should be a
> nested object with being the algorithm identifier and data being the
> hash value for that particular algorithm.  This also means that the
> "signed" object would need to be a similarly nested object with
> algorithm/hash-signature pairs, but it does give more flexibility and
> a small bit of future-compatibility.

Blech.  KISS.  One signature algorithm per doc should be fine, so
ignore that last bit.

Only other thing question I would have with the proposal is whether
expires is an optional element or not.  It seems like it should be,
but if that is the intention this should be made explicit in the
document.

jim