couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: behavior of document revisions
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:41:13 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Wout Mertens <wout.mertens@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shouldn't that be
> /wiki/_design/wiki/_view/page?endkey=["foo","Z"]&descending=true&limit=1 ? I
> didn't test this. BTW hopefully we'll get open-ended searches before 0.9.0
> lands which would make this query prettier.

I committed this patch today. Querying a view with inclusive_end=false
will cause it to act as an open interval. The default is to stick with
the existing behavior, so most people won't notice the change.
However, using the =false option gives power users what they want. See
the view_collation.js tests for detailed usage.

Bonus points for anyone who adds it to the wiki. My connection is
up-and-down and I only have a US-power-adapter, so I'm sticking to the
essentials.

If anyone really needs open-interval startkeys, they'll have to implement. ;)

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com