couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Vivier <cedr...@neonux.com>
Subject Re: using mutliple cores for view computation
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:03:17 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> A slight clarification, JS itself is multi-threaded. Couchjs is just
> not implemented as a threaded view server. I've contemplated giving
> view servers the ability to exectute multiple jobs simultaneously but
> there are a couple of things that make it not a priority.

I also think keeping view servers as simple as possible makes sense.
Otoh is it possible to make CouchDb evenly distribute jobs to several
spawned couchjs view server instances?
(and the OS scheduler would make sure that the different view server
processes ends up running on different cores I guess... though of course the
'bottleneck' might be the I/O anyways)

Regards,