couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Troy Kruthoff <tkruth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use couchdb as the data store for real-time chat room
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:08:34 GMT
If performance and scalability are important you'll:

1) use xmpp as the backend
2) use evented anything over apache/fork/php (I recommend Twisted).
You can still serve all the html, etc, with php, but hit the twisted
server with the ajax long poll.

If you google around, you'll find the consensus of many before you.

-- troy