couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: JSONQuery
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:59:15 GMT
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:43:16AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > Haven't we discussed this before? Or am I just getting a weird déjà vu?
>
> Well, we've certainly discussed JSON paths, JSON queries, and JSON diffs.
>
> I didn't think this specific suggestion has come up before, apologies.
>
> I still think this is low hanging RFC fruit. Heh

We had discussed JSONPath, which at first glance this is, but it looks like
they cleaned it up quite a bit. It's even got pythonic list slices so this
is definitely *not* javascript -- it's just that the reference
implementation is in js, and that's the only implementation...for now.

Looking at the new spec, I've already implemented half of this in python --
I'd be happy to take it all the way if this would help formalize path
semantics in couch.