couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@proven-corporation.com>
Subject Re: view collation/filtering with key arrays
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:44:22 GMT
Sho Fukamachi wrote:
> It seems obvious when you look at it but still seems counterintuitive to
> me. I guess I just couldn't get my head around how it is able to refine
> the sort on the right hand side, under certain circumstances, but didn't
> seem able to do it when the "infinity" sorters were there .. I'll
> probably have to write out some solution sets or something before I can
> really internalise it.

Yes, the key is to remember that no matter how clever you get, views are
ultimately a one-dimensional representation of your data.  If you need
queries on more than one variable, you will need multiple queries
against multiple views, or perhaps take another route like
couchdb-lucene, which is quite nice.

--
Jason Smith
Proven Corporation