couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why sequential document ids? [was: Re: What's the speed(performance) of couchdb?]
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:40:41 GMT

On 03/03/2009, at 9:49 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> It's an information leak if you can tell the originating node because
> of the uuid. If we want an option to flag docs with information about
> the originating node, we should add that. Also, the doc.id isn't the
> right place for this, as what you want to know is the origination of
> updates, not documents.

Yes, sorry, I was confused - I thought we were talking about
update_seqs.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid
starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this
is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny.
   -- Bertrand Russell