couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming/branding/forking
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 00:58:45 GMT

On 09/03/2009, at 11:14 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> If one were to use couch_btree and mochiweb to make a JSON store that
> is very Couch-like but doesn't pass the CouchDB tests or replicate
> with CouchDB nodes, I'd consider it to be a different product, and I
> think it would be misleading to call it CouchDB.

This accords with our thinking. What would you say if it were purely a
matter of the bulk-op semantics?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Hi, I'd like to do $THING. I know that $SOLUTION_A and $SOLUTION_B
will do it very easily and for a very reasonable price, but I don't
want to use $SOLUTION_A or $SOLUTION_B because $VAGUE_REASON and
$CONTRADICTORY_REASON. Instead, I'd like your under-informed ideas on
how to achieve my $POORLY_CONCEIVED_AMBITIONS using Linux, duct tape,
an iPod, and hours and hours of my precious time.
   -- Slashdot response to an enquiry