couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject JSONQuery
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:54:37 GMT
Hey,

I thought some of you might find this interesting:

  http://docs.persvr.org/documentation/jsonquery

  XPath-like syntax for expressing selection queries against JSON data
  structures. Interesting concept. I've always wondered why the basic concepts
  behind XPath were never borrow and applied to other types of structured data —
  it’s so insanely useful. I suppose jQuery popularized using CSS selectors for
  querying HTML but why not take the same basic concept and apply it to problem
  domains outside of SGML-inspired markup languages and their data models.

                                                                  - Ryan Tomayko

Best,