couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use couchdb as the data store for real-time chat room
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:11:23 GMT
Erlang's speciality is lots of concurrent users.

We are planning to provide a native COMET mechanism, so clients can be
notified as soon as documents they are interested are updated or
created. The enhancements are for selective and near real-time
replication features we are planning, but they will be useful for
things like this too.

-Damien