couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rich Morin <...@cfcl.com>
Subject CouchRest needlessly updates view?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:50:45 GMT
The act of looking up a document in CouchRest is updating
_rev on the view that it uses.  This seems inefficient.

  *  Is there a reason for this behavior?

  *  If not, is there a way to prevent it?

I have a test script (http://pastie.org/377884) which looks
up a document by its "p_uuidc" field.  Using Futon, I can
confirm that _rev is changing in the _design document when
I run the script.

Alternatively, when I use a Rack-based forwarding/tracing
script, I see a PUT for the _design document, despite the
fact that I'm not asking for any such thing.

Wazzup?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm@cfcl.com