couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Sajip <vinay_sa...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject How to configure HTTP caching headers?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:00:02 GMT
Hi all,

Just taking my first steps with CouchDB. I notice that the HTTP caching headers
currently put out cause IE (for example) to not display information correctly in
Futon. It's easy to reproduce: I open windows in Firefox and IE simultaneously,
do an update using Firefox (e.g. add a new document) and refresh the IE window.
The updated document count is not shown. If I clear the browser cache and try
again, the updated information is displayed.

The HTTP header put out is
Cache-Control: must-revalidate

which seems to me insufficient - for IE, at least. Is there way of configuring
these headers, to for example

Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: some date in the past, or the same value as the Date: header