couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Info on design-doc fields: actions, lists, shows ?
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 01:25:29 GMT
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out CouchApp, but it looks like much of the way
> it works is due to underlying functionality in CouchDB's design documents,
> things that I can't find any documentation of anywhere. Is there anything
> that describes what these fields of the design doc do?
>        .actions
>        .lists
>        .shows
>
> Thanks!

Jens,

You're making me want to push out the next Rough Cut for the CouchDB
book, without polishing it. I've been working on documentation there.
Aside from that, the best place to look is the Futon TestSuite.
Checkout share/www/script/test/list_views.js and show_documents.js for
example usage.

I think a wiki page is in order... I'll see what I can do.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com