couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: quick poll - how many databases do you have?
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:33:04 GMT
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Patrick Antivackis
<patrick.antivackis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Depends the application.
> Some just one db, some 4 databases. In fact i split the data depending on
> the way i will use replication.

For my music project, I put the parsed web pages and xml feeds into
one database, and the parsed mp3 id3 tags etc in another db. This
helps because while I want to rotate the web-crawl data over time, I
want to continue to accumulate resource metadata...

With them in separate dbs I can throw out the old crawl data but keep
the file metadata around.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com