couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Crash during large data import...
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:04:43 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> The program used PUT to create each document with an ID derived from the
> source data and I let rip firstly on a fairly large set of data which
> created 104979 documents in about 27 minutes.

You should use the _bulk_docs api for this. it will be MUCH faster.

Thanks for the error report. Things like this are notoriously hard to
reproduce.

It looks as though the logger can't handle the error format that get's
thrown here:

{{badmatch,{{error,enospc},5315956446}},
   [{couch_btree,'-write_node/3-lc$^0/1-0-',3},
    {couch_btree,write_node,3},
    {couch_btree,modify_node,4},
    {couch_btree,modify_kpnode,6},
    {couch_btree,modify_node,4},
    {couch_btree,modify_kpnode,6},
    {couch_btree,modify_node,4},
    {couch_btree,modify_kpnode,6}]}

Damien, advise on if something strange has happend there? Anyone else
want to dig though that stack trace and find out how to make this
error prettier?

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com