couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchRest needlessly updates view?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 02:14:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:
> The act of looking up a document in CouchRest is updating
> _rev on the view that it uses.  This seems inefficient.
>
>  *  Is there a reason for this behavior?

No. It's ready to be optimized away. There's a mailing list for CouchRest here:

http://groups.google.com/group/couchrest

I hope that the design doc is only being updated once per script load
- eg running 2 view requests should only update the design doc once.

Design docs should not need to be PUT for each definition of the model
class. It should be simple to make a fix for getting the design doc to
see if it matches the ruby view definition.

Do you feel up to making a patch? Running `rake` in the CouchRest
source directory should give you a passing test suite, so patching it
is just a matter of fixing the bug without breaking any of the other
specs.

Cheers,
Chris

--