couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sphinx and CouchDB Views
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:41:00 GMT
I've spent alot of time looking through various approaches at FTI. The
biggest problem with Sphinx is that it requires you to provide a
unique 32 or 64bit integer as a document id. The impedance mismatch
with CouchDB's arbitrary string document id's has provided a bit of a
blocker for full on integration with Sphinx in the arbitrary case.

I've got entirely too many different attempts for full text indexing
on github [1], but the real one to keep an eye on is probably Robert
Newson's fork of my CouchDB-Lucene [2] branch. He's taken it quite a
long way and as soon as he's integrated Rhino I'm gonna close up all
of my rather half baked attempts.

HTH,
Paul Davis

[1] http://github.com/davisp