couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ben Browning <ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB and clustering
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:41:41 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM, David Van Couvering
<david.vancouvering@gmail.com> wrote:
> This us great!  Are you going to put some functional and design docs on the
> Wiki?  This seems pretty important to get right and could save you a lot of
> time getting feedback from the community on your overall approach.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I'll find a place on the wiki to
document my thoughts as well as the opinions of others expressed
previously on the mailing list.

> Just for example, a discussion of your hashing mechanism would be great, and
> how you handle repartitioning on node failure, etc.

Initially I'm just concentrating on partitioning the data. Gracefully
handling node failures will be a step after that and I haven't put a
lot of effort into that piece yet. Any ideas are welcome, and I know
there are some threads that at least touched on that topic before.