couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <adam.kocolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication error
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:18:36 GMT
On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:04 AM, Chris Andrews wrote:

> 2009/2/12 Евгений Найденышев <enaidenyshev@gmail.com>:
>> Replication failed: {{badmatch,{error,eaddrinuse}},
>> [{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},
>> {couch_rep,open_doc,3},
>> {couch_rep,replicate,3},
>> {couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},
>> {couch_httpd,handle_request,2},
>> {mochiweb_http,headers,4},
>> {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
>>
>> I tried on different dbs and different ports - and each time was
>> error on
>> 1980th document. =(
>>
>> OS: Windows XP (SP2), Firewall is off.
>
> I'm also getting exactly this error trying to use replication on
> Solaris, Nevada build 86, with CouchDB 0.8.1. Erlang version is
>
> "Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [async-threads:0]
> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]"
>
> Replication works fine with the same version of CouchDB on Linux. I've
> investigated as far as to note that each document replicated involves
> a new tcp connection to the remote, that Erlang calls bind() before
> calling connect(), and that eventually a bind fails, causing the error
> above.
>
> I'll see if the same error happens with CouchDB trunk, though.
>

> Chris.

Hi Chris et al., trunk should definitely be better in this respect.
We now use a pipelined 10 connection pool instead of negotiating a new
connection for each request.  We do need to fix a bug in trunk (just
filed a patch) that is causing connections to be closed far too
frequently, though, so you may see lots of connection_closed errors in
the logs if you try it now.  Best,

Adam