couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wmert...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [user] Re: Questions about couchDB algorithms
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:30:03 GMT
On Feb 4, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Alessio Pace wrote:

> I mean: how does it deal with dynamic networks, where nodes join and
> leave,
> and you have to know onto which you can push/pull ? I am obviously
> talking
> about cases in which you can't list the a priori list of few cluster
> machines on text file and copy it on all the machines.

There is nothing like that in place already. There is only the
replication mechanism and you're responsible for starting it, in both
directions if needed, tunneling the HTTP if needed, keeping track of
the nodes in the setup etc.

CouchDB just makes sure that you can replicate no matter what happened
between replication runs.

Wout.