couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Segmentation fault on PUT
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:22:07 GMT
If you purge the doc it will discard the revision history. See the
test suite for the purge test to see how to use it.

Purge has caveats. Purge doesn't work with replication at all, the
purge isn't replicated, the doc is simply "forgotten". You cannot
purge anything during a compaction. If you do 2 purges in a row
(before the views have a chance to refresh), all the db's view indexes
must be rebuilt from scratch (In your case, with 51 docs, this doesn't
really matter).

-Damien