couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: Replicating partial databases, and validation
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 01:01:37 GMT

On Feb 15, 2009, at 11:10 AM, I wrote:

> I'm interested in using CouchDB in a peer-to-peer fashion to
> propagate content between nodes that don't necessarily trust each
> other.

FYI, I just finished writing a breathless blog post on this topic,
including an enthusiastic endorsement of CouchDB:
	http://mooseyard.com/Jens/2009/02/what-will-web-30-be/

In a nutshell: My hope is that “Web 3.0” (which I agree is a silly
term and an over-generalization) will center around the
decentralization of Web applications. Web 2.0 distributed content
production out to the end users, but the servers hosting the data and
the apps are still monolithic and proprietary. I've been hoping for a
long time that things can evolve in a more distributed (if not truly
peer-to-peer) direction, and CouchDB really seems like a big step
toward there.

—Jens