couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating a design doc using curl
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:07:32 GMT
Hi,

On 6 Feb 2009, at 10:41, Rajkumar S wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a design doc by name score_list which I edit using my normal
> editor and use curl to upload it to couch.

> [...]

> This is pretty tedious and error prone and I would like to just update
> the design doc and not worry about having correct _rev. Is that
> possible? Is there a recommended work flow for editing and updating
> design docs?

Check out CouchApp[1]. It's meant for full application development,
but nobody's going to stop you using it for just managing views.
In fact, that's what I'm doing :) It even has its own mailing list[2]

[1]: http://github.com/jchris/couchapp/tree/master
[2]: http://groups.google.com/group/couchapp/

Cheers
Jan