couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Schiavini <a.schiav...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Database Disruption From The Couch
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:10:29 GMT
Daniel, I've read your post, and it is definitely interesting. However I
don't agree with you, when you say that CouchDB makes Rails obsolete. Rails
is not only ActiveRecord, it's a model-view-controller framework that helps
hugely during the development of big applications. The target of Rails is
not to merely interact with the db, but to provide a good framework to
handle a complex application that *also* interacts with a DB. The logical
separation into model, views and controllers is vital. Also, Rails
simplifies the handling of routes, environments and so on. I've been
developing an application in the last months, built over Rails, but using
CouchDB. Even if I excluded ActiveModel, ActiveRecord and so on, Rails has
been really helpful to me.

Andrea Schiavini