couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Petty <adamjpe...@gmail.com>
Subject quick python / couch question
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:31:15 GMT
My appologies if this isn't the right place...and yes I'm a neub at things
both python and couch so I'll be greatly appreciative for any info
available.

I'm currently trying to get a python object to convert to a couch document
to submit to the DB - but can't seem to find a good way to do it.

for example:

Id like to convert the following python document:

{'username':'johnsmith','date'":(2009, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 3, 1, -1), 'names':
{'lname':'smith','birtdate':(1974, 1, 20, 0, 0, 0, 3, 1, -1),
'fname':'tim'}}

I'd like to write this directly to a couchDB - and I've tried jsonpickle,
and looked all through couchdb.schema, but again am new at python and couch.

I can see the dicts, and I know I can convert from a couchdoc to python
automatically -- what am I missing.

Again - thanks,

Adam