couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Petty <adamjpe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [user] Re: The Blog
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:43:09 GMT
If a hospital starts to move to an SOA - and all the business logic gets
abstracted to the web services that each department exposes in the use,
transmission (security) of data... wouldn't that then become almost the
perfect place for couch?

Now if it's already in Oracle - I can see how it might not be smart to
retool just for couch, but starting from scratch, I can't think of anything
that goes on in a hospital that doesn't revolve around physical documents.

I've done consulting for medical records processing companies - but not for
hospitals themselves - any specifics as to why this wouldn't meet
requirements?