couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Blog
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:55:06 GMT

On 9 Feb 2009, at 15:43, Mister Donut wrote:

>> Actually that's not true. We aren't using a system like SimpleDB
>> where your changes might not be immediately available in subsequent
>> queries by the same user.
>
> Isn't the point of replication to handle massive reads? If so, you'd
> be using load balancing? So you cannot predict which server will be
> chosen?

Read-scaling is _a single_ possible application. And this would
work just the same way e.g. MySQL read scaling would work and
there are several ways other smart people handled that case for
their use-case; plenty of sources to steal from. All this is very
application specific again and cannot be solved in a general
case.

Also, see Damien.

Cheers
Jan