couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T" <dunde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [<0.111.0>] Uncaught error in HTTP request: {exit,{body_too_large,content_length}}
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:35:26 GMT
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Jason Davies <jason@jasondavies.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On 21 Feb 2009, at 11:13, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
>
>  ended up modifying src/mochiweb/mochiweb_request.erl >
>> -define(MAX_RECV_BODY, (1024*1024)) to -define(MAX_RECV_BODY,
>> (1024*1024*16))
>>
>> Going forward, what is the best way to handle this situation -- w.r.t.
>> python-couchdb?
>>

> This has come up in a thread before with the solution being the same as
> what you have done: http://markmail.org/thread/tljsgr4g6eelgq7m
>
> MochiWeb's default request size is 1MB at the moment, but perhaps this
> doesn't matter if chunked transfer coding is used.  If this is the case, I
> think couchdb-python should be updated to use chunked transfer coding.  I
> would open an issue on the couchdb-python bug tracker if there isn't already
> one.
>
> --
> Jason Davies
>
> www.jasondavies.com

The thing I can seem to grok, is how the Database put_attachment() method
succeeds with attachments clearly larger than 1MB and it uses the
resource.put() method but the Database object's __setitem__ method also uses
the resource.put() method.  So wouldn't it imply that chunked is working for
one and not the other?  Clearly there is some magic involved that I am
currently blind to.

Google can't seem to help me locate an example of doing a PUT w/ chunked
transfer for  httplib2 -- does anyone have any pointers?

Regards,

Jeff