couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Blog
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:07:16 GMT

On 10/02/2009, at 12:57 AM, Mister Donut wrote:

>> I have another contract about to start for a server app where all the
>> data is maintained on the client's desktop, previewed with full
>> functionality, and then replicated to an EC2 instance. This can be
>> done with traditional databases, but it's trivial with CouchDB,
>
> Well, this is trivial with all databases? Just import and export. It's
> just copying a file. Now imagine two users working on the data. Yes,
> you have replication built in, so no data gets lost.

But in Couch it's both hot and incremental, and requires no
configuration/scripting etc. No copying of files. Just a single http
request.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being
a damn fool about it
   -- W.C. Fields