couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mister Donut <lady.do...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Blog
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:39:41 GMT
Anyway, I won't post anymore. Apparently it's like Ruby on Rails,
superiority and if you don't like it, then leave. So, good luck. (Omg
we don't want you anyway, lololol!)

I found this poking around the interwebs, following some blogs, found
a few entries, and here I was. The wiki left me confusing because a
lot of it is not yet done (Yes I know you are not done yet).

Two users shared two projects, which I am really thankful for, they
showed me how you could make use of CouchDBs features (funnily enough,
neither of them was a web application).

> which just uses a limited feature set of CouchDB doesn't
> mean they don't get it.

Well I wasn't here to find out what you can just as well with anything
else that allows you to store and retrieve.

> Not sure what you exactly propose, but streaming
> the view result to the client and cutting at a date
> where the month marker bumps to 10 seems pretty
> reasonable to get this into two buckets.

A view that gives you the Jan-Nov documents in the first group, and
Nov-Dec in the second one.

> Run a cronjob that does the roll-up for you periodically and use single
> docs in the meantime that can be later deleted.

How does it integrate with replication?

Anyway. Haha...