couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alan Bell <>
Subject Re: [user] Re: The Blog
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:04:52 GMT
banking should work just fine. I wrote an application in Notes called
puffin (personal finances in Notes) and I was thinking about reviving it
as puffic or something.Each transaction is a document, each account is a
view. A document has a source account, a destination account and a
value. It appears as a positive value in the destination account and a
negative in the source account. Thus buying a newspaper might debit the
"wallet" account and credit the "books and periodicals" expense account.
Taking cash from an ATM would debit the current acccount and credit the

View raw message