couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I guarantee uniqueness in a field without using _id?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:51:29 GMT
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Sunny Hirai <thesunny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ara.T.Howard and Antony Blakey:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Hmm, this idea is interesting assuming that CouchDB will enforce the
> uniqueness per database (see earlier post I made).

CouchDB will enforce unique docids within a database on a single node.
In the long run, we may also support partitioning a single database
across many nodes. In that case, we should also support uniqueness
constraints with a single logical database. So should your name server
get too busy for one box, Couch should support spreading the load
across a cluster of boxes.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com