couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: external 404
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 03:01:24 GMT
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T
<dundeemt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why was the additional level of abstraction necessary?   I saw the
> committ message
> r727973 | jchris | 2008-12-19 02:25:19 -0600 (Fri, 19 Dec 2008) | 1 line
>
> shorter path to _action servers, external supports better routing control
>
> It does make the url shorter, but I assume that there is more to it
> than just that.
>
> curious-ly,
>
> -Jeff

Jeff,

We could change the API to map the externals from paths directly to
scripts, like

[httpd_db_handlers]
_mypath = {couch_httpd_external, handle_external_req, "/path/to/my/script"}

which would be fine by me.

The current code is like it is because the original implementation was
designed to have multiple scripts mounted at the /db/_external path.

Do you mind opening a ticket about this? - I'm happy to write the code
but I'm supposed to be working on the book right now, so it'll have to
wait.

Thanks,
Chris

--