couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: source performance
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 04:42:46 GMT
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Lawrence Pit <lawrence.pit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A while back I had installed couchdb v0.8. Today I installed from the latest
> source (reporting 0.9.0a731428-incubating); I've set debuglevel to error.
> However, when I run the test suite the 0.9 version is 4 to 10 times slower
> for all tests compared to when I run the test suite using the 0.8 version.

There are more tests than in the past, so that should be a factor.

There is another thread about document insert rate, which shows the
ways people are benchmarking CouchDB. If you were able to post some
comparative benchmarks of particular operations, so we could see the
difference, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it.

> When installing from source, do I need to provide some extra options so that
> it performs optimally?

There do seem to be some better versions of Erlang, compile time
options etc. Does anyone know where this is best documented?

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com