couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decision making process (Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1))
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:37:49 GMT
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:33 AM, Antony Blakey wrote:
>>
>> It's never been clear to me that there is a process for voting - the
>> decision making process within the commit group seems opaque.
>
> How can that be?  I assume that all decisions are made in public on the dev@
> mailing list.

The committers have a history of deferring to Damien (especially on
deeply technical matters like the document identity model). It's fair
to say that most of what we do is bug fixes and the like. When we have
a new feature or module under development, we like to run the code by
Damien before we commit it. He understands CouchDB inside and out, and
he's pretty good at seeing how an API detail or caching property will
effect the big picture of how people use CouchDB.

There have been votes on the dev list before, but they are rare
because we so often move with consensus.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com