couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User, Erlang, Couchdb or kernel error ?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:00:20 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
<Dirk-Willem.van.Gulik@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> Taking a wild stab, are you running out of ports on the client side?
>> The 20-30 second wait would be when all your sockets are in TIME_WAIT
>> mode before closing?
>
> That seems to be fine -- BUT:
>
>> You might check and see if your cilent lib is doing Keep-Alive or not.
>
> This gives me an opening - there is something odd with Keep-Alive. Just to
> confirm - couchdb should do the right 1.1 dance, understand Keep-Alive and
> allow for (anyish) number of subsequent requests ?

I'm not sure on the exact specifics of Keep-Alive, but I think
generally connections are created with a maximum-number of requests
(something like 300) before the socket is closed. Not sure if this is
a client or server setting.

HTH,
Paul Davis