couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Integration
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:31:37 GMT
The reason that I don't try and index the entire DB is because of the
arbitrary structure to JSON. Indexing a value that isn't a string
leads to a whole lot of questions with no good answers. By indexing a
view I let people pick exactly which parts of their db they want
indexed.

If some can dream up a structured indexing that doesn't suck, I'd be
glad to take a look. But after all the playing I've done with it I
just don't really see the structured stuff as being useful.

HTH,
Paul Davis